Recipe by Chef Christina Kaelberer from the Edwards Dessert Kitchen
Monkey see. Monkey eat. This monkey bread is full of gooey pecan goodness that melts apart into cinnamon-y sweet, bite-sized bits. It’s sure to please.
PECAN PIE MONKEY BREAD INGREDIENTS
- 3 packages refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 EDWARDS® Georgia Style Pecan Pie, cut into ½-inch pieces
GLAZE INGREDIENTS (OPTIONAL)
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp milk or water
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Separate biscuit layers and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon.
- Toss biscuit pieces in sugar mixture until coated evenly.
- Layer biscuit pieces, pecans and frozen EDWARDS® Pecan Pie bites in the Bundt pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Let rest for 5 minutes and invert onto a serving platter.
- Optional: Create a glaze, combining 2 cups powdered sugar with 2-3 tablespoons milk or water, adding more until desired consistency.
- Optional: Drizzle glaze over monkey bread.