Pie Ice Cream Affogato
Turn hot coffee into a sweet treat for your holiday dessert! Recipe created by Buzzfeed’s Tasty.
Ice Cream Base Ingredients
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ EDWARDS® Chocolate Crème Pie
- 1 shot espresso (per scoop of ice cream)
- Small chilled glasses
- Chocolate shavings (optional)
Ice Cream Base Instructions
- Using a hand mixer, whip the cream until soft peaks form. Whip in the condensed milk and set aside.
- Roughly cut up the pie into large chunks. Fold pie chunks into the ice cream base. Pour into a loaf pan and freeze for at least 6 hours, preferable overnight.
- To assemble the affogato, place one scoop of ice cream in the chilled glass.
- Pour 1 shot over the scoop of ice cream and quickly garnish with chocolate shavings. Serve immediately.