Recipe by Chef Christina Kaelberer from the Edwards Dessert Kitchen
The double-decker dessert. For those who decided, rightfully so, that one pie isn't enough. Two Turtle Crème Pies sandwiched between chocolate cookies and cream.
- 2 packages chocolate wafer cookies
- 2 16-ounce containers whipped cream
- 2 EDWARDS® Turtle Crème Pies
- In a 9-inch cake ring or springform pan, arrange a layer of wafer cookies.
- Spread a cup of whipped cream on top of the cookies, spreading out to the edges of the pan.
- Gently press one frozen pie into the whipped cream.
- Layer another round of wafer cookies on top of the pie, really pressing in to avoid air gaps.
- Place another cup of whipped cream on top and spread to the edges of the pan.
- Repeat with another pie and gently press in.
- Add a layer of wafer cookies and top with remaining whipped cream.
- Add crushed wafer cookies on top for garnish.
- Freeze overnight.
- Remove the springform pan and fill in sides and edges of cake with remaining whipped cream.