Recipe by Sarah Grueneberg, Monteverde Restaurant & Pastificio
- 1 EDWARDS® Chocolate Crème Pie
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 pack graham crackers
- 1 batch double chocolate brownies, recipe below
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 jar marshmallow fluff, placed in a pastry bag
- 2 bananas, cut into ½ rounds
- 1 pint dark chocolate ice cream
- 5 peppermint candies, crushed
- Unwrap and thaw the pie for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, place the piecrust and graham crackers in a food processor, pulse until combined.
- Using a large spoon, scoop the pie filling into a medium sized bowl; fold in sweetened whipped cream, cocoa powder and peppermint extract.
- In a large trifle mold, start with a layer of bananas, followed by the chocolate cream filling, then the pie crust crumble. Repeat the layers, leaving 2 inches at the top.
- When ready to serve, top the top of the trifle with a layer of few scoops of chocolate ice cream.
- Then pipe marshmallow fluff all over the top and brulee with a blowtorch.
- Sprinkle with peppermint candies.
- Serve immediately.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES INGREDIENTS
- 6 oz. butter
- 8.5 oz. dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 11.5 oz. sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 5 oz. AP flour
- 7 oz. milk chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES INSTRUCTIONS
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a double boiler, in the bowl melt chocolate and butter together.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar.
- Once chocolate is melted, whisk chocolate mixture into egg mixture.
- Fold in flour and chocolate chips. Fold in vanilla extract.
- Prepare a greased parchment paper lined tray, pour the batter onto the tray.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.