As seen on Dessert Duels
Recipe By Chef Leigh Omilinsky
Pumpkin Spice Cake Ingredients
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
Pumpkin Spice Cake Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 13"x18" baking sheet.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle, put the eggs and the sugar in the bowl and mix on medium-high speed until lighter in color and fluffy.
- Meanwhile, sift the dry ingredients.
- Add the pumpkin to the egg mixture and mix to combine.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet. Bake until done. The cake should spring back and will slightly pull away from the sides.
- Prepare a clean dish towel and sprinkle with powdered sugar. This towel should be flat and the sugar should just be dusted all along the towel.
- While the cake is still warm, flip the warm cake onto the dish towel and roll up the cake AND the towel until completely cool.
- When it comes time to fill the cake, the cake will unroll beautifully, and then roll up nicely as well.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling Ingredients
- 8 oz cream cheese– softened
- Filling from 1 EDWARDS® Pumpkin Crème Pie
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling Instructions
- Paddle the cream cheese until smooth.
- Scrape the bowl.
- Add the filling from the pumpkin pie in 3 additions, scraping down the bowl between each addition. This will ensure no lumps in the filling.
How to Assemble
- Once the cake is completely cool, carefully unroll the cake from the towel so that it is flat.
- Spread the filling evenly over the cake.
- Roll up the cake with the filling inside, using the towel and gravity to help.
- Chill and slice.