Pecan Praline Sundae
Recipe by Sarah Grueneberg, Monteverde Restaurant & Pastificio
- One half of an EDWARDS® Georgia Style Pecan Pie
- 1 pint vanilla bean ice cream
- 4 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp bourbon
- Place the 1 pint of ice cream in medium bowl, using a spoon, break the ice cream into a few pieces.
- Place the bowl of ice cream in the freezer.
- Meanwhile, scoop the inside of the pecan pie into a small bowl, reserve.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer, and quickly fold the pecan pie into the ice cream.
- Pack ice cream into a quart sized container and place back in the freezer.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat butter until over medium heat until browned.
- Add the pecans and sea salt to the butter and toast for 1 minute.
- Remove the pecans to a paper towel lined tray.
- Return the pan to the heat, add the apples and sugar and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, deglaze with bourbon and stir.
- Scoop the ice cream into your favorite sundae dish, spoon the apples and pecans over the ice cream.
- Top with bits of the piecrust, Enjoy!