Lemon Meringue Breakfast Trifle
Recipe by Chef Christina Kaelberer from the Edwards Dessert Kitchen
Dessert for breakfast. A trifle made from Greek yogurt, granola, blueberries and lemon meringue pie. Don't worry. We won't tell.
Makes about 6 servings
- 1 pt blueberries
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 EDWARDS® Lemon Meringue Pie
- 2-3 cups plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2-3 cups non-flavored granola
- Thaw pie slightly for 10 minutes.
- Cut half of the blueberries in half.
- In a small bowl, toss cut and whole blueberries with sugar.
- Add in the zest and juice from half the lime.
- Using a cookie cutter that is slightly smaller than the glass, cut out two rounds of pie
- Layer ingredients in trifle glasses, starting with a small amount of yogurt, then blueberries, pie and granola.
- Add a second layer of yogurt, blueberries and pie.
- Optional: slightly torch the top of the meringue using a blowtorch.