Fried Pecan Pie Bites
Recipe by Becky Hardin of The Cookie Rookie
- 1 EDWARDS® Georgia Style Pecan Pie, frozen
- Canola oil
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1¾ cup soda water
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a large stock pot or dutch oven over medium high heat. Heat the oil to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, egg, and soda water until smooth. Spray your hands with nonstick spray.
- While waiting for the oil to heat, use a small ice cream scoop to scoop the pie into 1 inch balls. Roll with your hands to create an even look. Use a fork to dip the ball completely in the batter mixture, making sure all sides are covered. Once oil is cooked, cook in batches, 3-4 at a time. Once browned and crispy, remove with a slotted spoon and allow to drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve sprinkled with powdered sugar.